250 Word Challenge

250 words

Monday, May 24, 2010

Keep It Up!

Now that I have announced to the world that I am on a mission I need to keep it up. Today I bought a voice recorder to record my thoughts on conversations, to interview them folk that are news worthy and just because it felt like one of those sensible writer tools. I am sauntering to the keys after a long day and this feels like the last mile of a marathon you have not quite trained for. Give me some of that staying power!

In the earlier part of the day, I was like a proud mum when an article caught my eye, "The Big Bounce South Africa's Rise From Apartheid to Economic Power" A country that has been through so much and come so far. I know it has it's flaws, my theory is that the grass is green where you water it. Growing up there and seeing an article like that on the front of a business journal gave me deep pleasure and satisfaction.

Today I decided I miss running a lot. I love love love The Bar Method but I do miss the wind in my hair and the sweat from a good old run. I feel the itch to sign up for a marathon again. We are going away soon and I want to act like a kid and be carefree and take lots of photos to remember it all. I love making memories and soaking in them months later. What an adventure this life is.

Until tomorrow's journey, au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment